At last year’s PODi AppForum conference, keynote speaker Ken Schmidt from Harley-Davidson spoke passionately about the need to create a compelling message for your business – a message that connects emotionally with prospects and stands out from the crowd. Too often, Ken stated, companies say what makes them great is quality, service and reliability when these items should be givens – merely table stakes. What’s worse, that’s a totally boring message that causes a prospect’s eyes to glaze over. It eventually leads to competition based solely on price – and there go your profit margins.
At this year’s AppForum conference (January 28-30 at the Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas) there are 50 sessions on topics designed to help printers like you create compelling messages and take advantage of the new opportunities enabled by digital printing. The vast majority are presented by print service providers who have learned what to do and what not to do. This year, eight of the presentations include end-user customers, marketers like Ken, from verticals such as non-profit, education, retail and franchises. You will be able to hear directly from end users on how you can successfully stand out from the crowd.
Program highlights include:
- Rab Govil, president of PODi will deliver a keynote address on the state of the industry and share secrets for business development success.
- Learn all about the latest interactive technologies that tie print and the web together from innovator Paul Strack of CustomXM and the pros at Digimarc and Ricoh. See how you can leverage these technologies to build new revenue streams.
- Herb Upton of Presstech Digital will talk about his company’s strategy to become a digital solutions provider and how that’s different from a marketing services provider.
- Dave Zamorski and his team will show you how to streamline your operation by identifying and eliminating redundant actions.
- You’ll learn how to make money by configuring printed items for publishing to tablets with Zoomifier’s Chetan Saiya.
- James Kopp of Cathedral Corporation & his client Kit Parker from the Catholic Diocese of Syracuse will be on hand to share with us the latest on the newest, and incredibly effective, relationship-building sales strategy.
- A full day of Pre-Conference Intensives tackle subjects in depth – from leadership and sales training to design, relevant direct marketing, and transitioning your business to greater profits.
- All the leading print engine vendors and software providers will be in one place, ready to answer all your questions on their new products and enhancements.
- You’ll find cross-media and marketing automation covered from A to Z, for beginners and pros.
- And this year explore an entire track devoted to new opportunities in packaging – maybe this could be a winning direction for your company.
You can view the complete agenda at http://www.appforum.org/Program-Details/Agenda.html
For many the value in attending a live conference like the AppForum comes from the new people you meet. This year’s AppForum is going to be a blast! With the (open bar) reception, intimate crowd and casual atmosphere, and popular networking dinners it’s easy to make new contacts that will impact your business. I hope to see you there!