What can you do with a customer success story that showcases your company’s capabilities? Here’s my list of 10 ways to take advantage of the power of case studies.
- Connect with your prospects with storytelling. Stories help people engage and emotionally connect. A well-done case study draws your reader into the experiences of satisfied customers and can increase your credibility.
- Generate leads for your sales team. Use your case studies as an incentive to draw people to your website or campaign microsite.
- Train your sales team. Make sure your sales reps understand and are excited about the solutions you can offer customers.
- Spark creative thinking. Use past successes to help spur new ideas among your customers and with your internal team.
- Spread content across channels. Post your case study on your website. Blog and Tweet about it. Post a link on your Facebook page. Include it in your newsletter. Convert it to a presentation and post it on SlideShare.com.
- Webinar/seminar. Invite your customer to give a presentation about the solution you built in a webinar for prospects, in a seminar that you host, or at an industry event.
- Get media coverage. Send a press release or offer to provide a customer success story to targeted media contacts.
- Incorporate it into your sales process. Use excerpts from the customer story in sales letters, voice mails, presentations, proposals, etc.
- Educate employees. Everyone in your company, from the press operator to the delivery person, should be aware of your company’s capabilities and what your solutions mean to customers.
- Show your kids, family members and neighbors what you do at work and what a cool company you work for.
You can take advantage of all these great uses for cases studies if you have PODi write up your customer success stories. Just provide us the facts and we do all the work. Plus both our members and industry research shows that a case study written by PODi boosts your credibility.
- “A case study published by an independent organization like PODi trumps having our own case studies. It is powerful proof for customers that they can trust us.” – Jason Ellis, e.f. group
- “Our PODi case studies are a key part of our sales process….PODi recognition enhances our credibility and (gives) us a real competitive edge.” – Thanh Nguyen, The Standard Group
- According to the CMO Council, B-to-B content seekers find research and papers from professional associations (67%) and industry groups (50%) to be the most valued and trusted.
You can get started now via our online case study submission form which is open to PODi members and non-members. There are no entry fees or limits on submissions. Plus if you get your entry in by September 30th your customer success story will be considered for our annual Best Practices Awards which are presented at our AppForum conference in Las Vegas.
If you have other suggested ways to use case studies I’d love to hear your comments.